Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Dreamy Vintage Elegance

I happened to stumble across pictures of myself as a young child this past weekend. Back then, more than 20 years ago, my mum used to dress me up in beautiful dresses with can-can underneath a full skirt. These frocks usually came in lace, floral and bows. Such pretty frocks they were, and it's quite saddening that little girls nowadays don't dress like those days anymore. Instead, they dress like mini adults - a mini replica of their mums and dads, if you may.

Rachel, a very good friend of mine from Miss Head Over Heels, coincidentally also e-mailed me pictures of her in her mum's handsewn vintage skirt. And so I was inspired by these occurrences to post an entry on the stylish but often forgotten vintage era. As I was googling for vintage inspirations, I found so many fascinating images and found myself wishing that old skool styles will never go out of season.



 
 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment