Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

We Got Hitched on New Year's Eve! - 31.12.2011

I love weddings - whether attending one, being a part of one or being in the bride's team of chi muis. It's not everyday we get to dress up, go to the salon and spend hours painting our faces with makeup. And since I'm such a romantic, I thought why not have a tab specially dedicated to weddings? In here, I'll share creative, gorgeous, love-filled weddings that will hopefully inspire brides-to-be. Or they can just simply act as eye candy.

Late last year, I attended a wedding that was very dear to me. I was neither a guest, neither was I a bridesmaid. I was in fact, the Bride! Yes, Alwin and I officially got hitched on new year's eve and we rang in the new year in our own special way. Our reception was held at the Grand Ballroom of Doubletree by Hilton KL which overlooks the pool plus we had a great view of the KL skyline. A very talented designer friend of mine, Wern Lu from Daydreamer Design created our fuchsia, silver and white themed stationery. Theme of the evening was INFINITY.

We had about 300 guests which we thought was a nice, cozy number. It's considered small for a Chinese wedding banquet. Our wedding was even featured on the Signature Weddings Asia website. Read all about it here.

We're glad that we got to share this special occasion with our dearest family and friends. Here are just a handful of my favourite photos to indulge in! Special thanks to our team of talented photographers who managed to immortalize our story in lasting images of glorious simplicity.


Our wedding invites - thank you Wern Lu!
This is actually the tea set used by my mum when she married my dad! Talk about vintage!
The classic-ism of black and white
The spacious ballroom arrangement which everyone absolutely loved
This is us in our joyful, wedding-y mood
Bridal party - Violet, Dex, Rachel, Anson, Pam and Aus
Acting all girly-girl
Photobooth - double yay!
Adorable flower girl and paigeboy
Ray of light!
My 5" beauty designed by bridalwear designer Celest Thoi. She asked me if I was sure I wanted them in 5" and
I went "hell, yeah!"
I love the details and beadings on the bodice of this striking red gown my mum bought me
Can't believe our photographer caught this very quick kiss
Alwin and I pretending we know how to slowdance
Yes, I sang!

Peeking through the lens of another camera

4 comments:

  1. thanks, Mei... for the invitation. I have the same feeling too as in always feel good to attend weddings esp. people that we know for years! Glad to be part of this memorable moment in your life.

    May happiness blessed upon you & Alwin for many years to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... so sweet. Thank you for your blessing!

      Delete
  2. You both made a wonderful marriage. Thanks for all the support and love shared. I love you both.

    So here's wishing you and Alwin, happiness, good health and forever love. Big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you don't. You look cute and awesome!

    ReplyDelete